- Please change the NPS, Grade and other options below to filter the Product Dimension Chart below, and confirm the Wall Thickness with the Schedule.
- Standard pipe lengths are about 20 feet long (SRL) or about 40 feet long (DRL). Please indicate in the “More details about the item” box if you need a specific length.
- Pipes are identified by nominal pipe size (NPS). For sizes 1/8” through 12”, the actual outside diameter is larger than the corresponding NPS while the outside diameter for sizes 14” and up are the same as the NPS. Please consult the pipe chart for dimensional information.
- To obtain the working pressure, take the required information from the Product Dimensions Chart table and use Barlow’s Formula at the bottom of this page, then divide the result by 4.
- Welded (WLD) pipe shall be made using an automatic welding process with no addition of filler metal during the welding process.
- Measurements are given in inches, unless stated otherwise.
- Pipes made of the following alloys can also be provided on request: 304H, 310, 316H, 317/L, 321, 347H, 904/L, Alloy 20/200/400/600/625/825, Hastelloy, Aluminum 6061-T6, CHROME P5/P9/P11/P22/P91, Titanium
The information presented above are typical or average values and are not a guarantee of maximum or minimum values
A/SA 312 Permissible variations in outside diameter
|Nom. pipe size ins.||TOLERANCE|
|1/8 to 1-1/2, incl.||1/64 (0.015)||1/32 (0.031)|
|Over 1-1/2 to 4, incl.||1/32 (0.031)||1/32 (0.031)|
|Over 4 to 8, incl.||1/16 (0.062)||1/32 (0.031)|
|Over 8 to 18, incl.||3/32 (0.093)||1/32 (0.031)|
|Over 18 to 24, incl.||1/8 (0.125)||1/32 (0.031)|
|Seamless and Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipe have a minimum wall thickness that at any point shall not be more than 12.5 per cent under the nominal wall thickness specified.|
See ASTM A999 for additional information.
Barlow’s Formula for Theoretical Bursting Pressure
|P = 2 (S * T) / O.D.|
|P – Bursting Pressure (P.S.I.)||T – Wall Thickness (Inches)|
|O.D. – Outside Diameter (Inches)||S – Tensile Strength|
Typical Tensile Strengths (S)
|Stainless Steel (300 Series)||S = 70000 to 75000 psi|
|Chrome Moly (P1 to P5)||S = 55000 psi|
|Chrome Moly (Balance)||S = 60000 psi|
|Alloy 20||S = 80000 psi|
|904L||S = 70000 psi|
|Duplex||s = 90000 psi|
A/SA 358 Welded Pipe
|Electric Fusion Welded Austenitic Chromium Nickel Alloy Steel Pipe for High Temperature Service|
Five classes of pipe are covered as follows:
|Permissible variations in wall dimensions|
Permissible Variations – The dimensions at any point in a length of pipe shall not exceed the following: